Effective Date: September 9, 2022
Last Updated: September 9, 2022
How We Collect Information.
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our website and services, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you sign up for an account, build an employment profile (a “Profile”), upload job search materials, sign up to receive newsletters, updates, or other information from us or contact us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Types of Information We Collect.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we may collect from you and how we use that information.
|Type of Information||How We Use Information|
|Account Registration: We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We use this information to contact you and to provide account-related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used to build and maintain a Profile, facilitate your job search, access resume building tools, save cover letters and other materials, engage with job training content, and to save your preferences. In some cases, we use information about actions you take and content you engage with when logged in to your account to provide you with credit for job training programs.|
|Profile Information: When you build a Profile, you are given the opportunity to provide information about yourself and your previous employment experiences. This information can include your age, location, gender, education experience, language preferences, veteran status, eligibility to work, ethnicity, and employment preferences. You may also choose to provide information about specific employment considerations that you would prefer to be considered for your job search, such as sensory impairments, housing status, or literacy. Finally, you may choose to add a profile picture, headshot or avatar to your Profile.||We use this information to find and match you with employment opportunities and training opportunities that meet your preferences and needs. Generally, uploading information to your Profile is voluntary and is not required to access our services.|
|Job Search Materials: We collect the information that you input into our resume or cover letter building tools. You can also upload resumes and cover letters from other sources to your account||We use information that you input into our resume and cover letter building tools to help you create resumes and cover letters for the job opportunities that you wish to apply to. We collect and store these resumes and cover letters, and the resumes and cover letters that you upload separately to your account, to permit you to easily access your job search materials from within your account.|
|Email Interconnectivity: If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message and click on any links or banners it contains.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Feedback/Support: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply||We use this information in order to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List: When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We share information about our services with individuals that consent to receive such information.|
|Mobile Devices: We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website.||We use this information to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Website interactions: We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also use this information to detect and prevent fraud.|
|Web logs: We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We use this information to monitor our networks and the visitors to our website.|
Use and Processing of Information.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our website or our physical locations.
- To improve our service offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose.
Sharing of Information.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Partnered Employers. In order to assist you with your job search or career placement, we partner with private companies and other entities who are looking for candidates to fill their job needs. If you apply for a job with one of our partnered employers, we may share your personal information to help facilitate your application with these employers.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent organization, sister organizations, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other organizations under common control). If another organization acquires, or plans to acquire, our organization or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Some portions of the My Career Advisor website may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
Some states require that certain organizations disclose whether the following categories of personal information are collected, disclosed to third parties for a “business purpose,” or “sold” or transferred for “valuable consideration.” While GCNA takes the position that it is not subject to these state requirements, we have provided the table below as a convenience to you. This table indicates the categories of personal information we collect and transfer in a variety of contexts. Note that we do not “sell” your personal information.
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect||To Whom We Disclose Personal Information for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||
|Government Issued Identification – this may include social security number, driver’s license number, or state issued identification number, passport number.||
|Health Related Information – this may include medical information, mental or physical condition or treatment, or health insurance information.||
|Characteristics of protected classifications – this may include age, sex, race, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap, etc.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (e.g., profile picture)||
|Professional or employment-related information||
|Non-public education information (as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)||
|Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above||
In some jurisdictions where required by applicable law, you may have a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to and Modification of Your Personal Information. If you have an account with us you can access the personal information that you’ve provided to us through that account by logging in and modifying that information on the account management or preference center pages. Under certain circumstances, you may also request access and modification to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. Upon receipt and verification of your request, we will grant you access to the personal information that we have about you to the extent required by law. Note that, under some circumstances, California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Objection to Processing Your Personal Information. In certain circumstances you may have a right to object to processing of your personal information. If such right applies to you, we will comply with your request to the extent required by law.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. You may also have a right to request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If such right applies to you we will grant your verified request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Text Messages. If you opt-in to receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to LegalAndCompliance@goodwillaz.org, or contact us using the form located here. We do not discriminate against individuals that exercise any state-conferred rights. If you disagree with how we handled a request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us with the subject line “Appeal.”
Note that if we are required by law to process your request, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the contact information you have on file with us, and/or what interactions you have with us (e.g., job training content you have engaged with). We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf, signed by the consumer.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permits you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of third party websites. If you apply for a job on, access job training or career development resources on, or otherwise interact with a third-party website, you should understand that your personal information will be subject to that third party’s privacy policies and practices and not ours.
- Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
- Information for California Residents:
- California Shine the Light: If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
- California Sensitive Information Disclosure. Although we take the position that we are not required to provide information about the sensitive information that we collect under California law, we have provided the following table for your convenience. In general, we keep sensitive personal information for the time period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Please note that we do not sell or share any of these categories for the purpose of cross context behavioral advertising:
Categories of Sensitive Personal Information We Collect Purposes for which it is collected Account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account. We collect account log-in information and credentials to log in to your account to access your Profile, job training content and job search materials. Racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership. We collect this information to evaluate eligibility for certain grants. We may also collect this information to fulfill reporting requirements. Health Information We collect health information to permit you to provide details about specific considerations that may affect your job search efforts and to better match you with opportunities and trainings that suit your needs.
For any questions related to this policy, please submit a request here. You may also write to us at:LegalAndCompliance@goodwillaz.org
2626 W. Beryl Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85021
We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.